zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Miami Zine Fair - April 30th



I'm currently travelling around Florida on a research trip. My zine radar must be working to the peak of its ability as I was drawn towards History Miami where, unknown to me, Exile Books have a pop-up shop. 

Located in the foyer of the museum the shop stocks a large range of art, poetry, and graphic zines from around the US. The zine shop will be in the same location until the end of May, before it moves on. The museum is also running zine making workshops and have printing facilities on site. Check out History Miami for more information

On April 30th a full zine fair featuring local artists, writers and makers runs from 11am - 5pm. There is still chance to submit for a table. Full fair details here.

Visit exilebooks.com for their full range of publications and information. 

Of course I've managed to squeeze a couple of zines into my luggage, reviews will follow soon. 



Review by Nathan Penlington


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog