zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hat Genius #2

Hat Genius #2
digest, 20 pages, $2
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have a love-hate relationship with poetry. I love the idea of it (and some of it I really love) but most of it I can't seem to like - partly because so much of it is unlikeable and partly because I don't understand most of it. However, Laura-Marie's poetry has always been a different story for me. For some reason I "get" it and I immediately enjoy it. It speaks to me somehow, and I forget that I'm reading poetry - I forget about my love-hate relationship with poetry, and I just enjoy the words I'm reading. This zine is a perfect example of that. It's filled with poetry by Laura-Marie detailing her "lost marriage, a lost friendship, a dying cat." Also there are some six-word poems that she's experimenting with. These poems are loaded with emotion, and you will feel it, so be prepared. But don't let that intimidate you. Just get this zine.
robotmad@gmail.com
www.dangerouscompassions.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/robotmad
www.lauramariesbassoonnews.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog