zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, June 14, 2010

Submissions wanted for a compilation zine about penpalling

via Everyone's Blog Posts - We Make Zines by Hannah (Not Lonely Zine) on 5/18/10
I am looking for submissions of articles on the theme of penpalling. Some ideas might be:

- How you got into penpalling
- Things you love (or don't love!) about penpalling
- Meeting penpals, especially if it went particularly well (or badly)
- Any significant friendships/relationships you've developed as a result of penpalling

It could be written as an article, or as a letter to someone (perhaps a letter to a long lost penpal, or to
someone who has become very close to you, or to a now ex-penpal you fell out with).

There is no minimum or maximum length for submissions, although I will reserve the right to edit submissions (I don't imagine this will be significant editing - just spelling corrections and suchlike if needed). I also reserve the right to turn down submissions - I don't imagine it is likely I will, but I don't want to vow to include everything in case I have to default on that promise.

There is no deadline - the zine will be put together once I have enough submissions to fill 40 A6 (1/4 size) pages. If I am lucky enough to recieve more submissions than I have space for, then I will produce several issues of the zine.

Everyone who has a submission included in the zine will receive a free copy of the zine.

Please email submissions to not_lonely_zine @ yahoo.co.uk (without the spaces),along with the name and any contact info you want put in alongside your article (it's okay if you want it to be anonymous). I did consider taking complete page submissions, but as there are paper size differences between Europe and other countries, and I love putting together layouts, I decided it would be better/easier to take submissions by email only.

The working title of the zine is "Dear Friend".

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email or on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog