zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Saturday, December 5, 2009

zines / sublimation

 
 
 
 

via DISTRO by ashleigh@qlp.ca (Ashleigh Rajala) on 9/19/09

Sublimation
5. a. Elevation to a higher state or plane of existence; transmutation into something higher, purer, or more sublime.
b. An elated or ecstatic state of mind.
Oxford English Dictionary




A new perzine from Ashleigh Rajala featuring essays, stories, comics illustrations, poetry.

Excerpt from "My John Hughes Wedding":

Thus, if I ever get married, I will have a wedding somewhere rather rustic and small. Thus creating a boiling kettle-like situation in which all my family and my funniest friends and my future in-laws (whom no one will be introduced to ahead of time, to encourage a proper comedy of errors) are stuck together with tensions running high. [...] And I will randomly toss wrenches here and there. I will randomly go missing for an hour just before the rehearsal. I will unleash a live squirrel in the reception hall just after everything is set up. I will slip my mom a few extra Vicodin just before the ceremony. I will blast all kinds of eighties post-punk the whole time. It will be glorious.


$2 / perzine / quarter-letter / 48 pages / 2009
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog