zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, September 21, 2009

Philly Zine Fest--I'm going!!!

 
 

Sent to you by Jack via Google Reader:

 
 


So my friend bailed on going to Philly Zine Fest with me and no one else will go. I found this out just now, at 10:00 in the morning on the day before. I thought I should feel some huge disappointment; I was going to miss this for the 5th year in a row.

And then I opened my mouth and let the question that was burning in the back of my throat fall out, there in my kitchen: "Mom, what would you do if I just went alone?"

"I'd be a little nervous," she said, "but if you want to drive into Philly alone, that's up to you."

So I'm going. It's not Philly that makes me nervous, it's GETTING to Philly, which is 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from here. I have never driven that far from my home without someone to help me navigate. Maybe it's time I did. I'm going to MapQuest it and borrow my ex's GPS. I need to go the the bank and get a bunch of $1 bills and fill my gas tank and pack up my zines.

At least now, I can leave as early as I want and get there when it opens, if not shortly afterward.

So I will be there tomorrow! And I'll have a backpack full of the last few issues of RatBrat and maybe some of my mini zines. Find me! I'm 100% up for trades!

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog