zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Done! Minutiae No. 2!

via Everyone's Blog Posts - We Make Zines by Aijung Kim on 9/13/09
yay! it is done. i've been working on it off and on for 3 months, so it's nice to get that off my plate. i have copies available for sale at my online shop, Sprouthead. i welcome trades, but will be limiting the amount i can trade in the beginning until sales pick up, since i hardly have money to buy postage!

here's a description of my zine:

"This issue is dedicated to people who don't always know where they're going, and the people who help them along the way."

This zine chronicles the month of June - one month after I moved from Portland, Oregon, to live in Richmond, Virginia. I wrote and drew about my garden, a deer dream I had, rains and black-outs, having to be frugal, and the message that a glass hummingbird gave to me. This issue is more text-heavy than the first, but still plenty of drawings to delight the eye. Good for someone who has just moved to another city, as well as for anyone who feels they are still "finding their way."
oh, and i'm trying to grow my online shop, so i made a survey. anyone who fills it out gets 20% off one item in the shop! you can find the survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=c_2f5O8_2fITOzG3jOqvPC8JPw_3d_3d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog