zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Columbus Ohio Comics Anthologies

 
 

Sent to you by Jack via Google Reader:

 
 

via M.A.D. Rants by symphonyoftheuniverse@gmail.com (MAD) on 6/24/09

The theme of the next PANEL anthology is going to be horror. I've come up with a very non-scary story to tell in the dark. I'm trying to go for a very Munsters/Addams Family type of toon where a bunch of hot-rodding monsters are racing against Dracula and his son to see who can get to the Castle East first. Should be a lot of fun.

Besides PANEL, I'm planning on giving these mini's away at Packrat for Halloween and for all the neighborhood trick-or-treaters. So far I haven't made much in the way of progress on this, I got the cover half finished and my hubby pointed out that the werewolf's tongue needs to be flapping the other way in the wind. If only I could have caught that myself when it was in the pencil stage - doh. Back to the drawing board. I bet PANEL needs this done before October, thought I don't know yet what the deadline is on this one.

In other news, I'm working on booking an oversized table at Oddmall so I can split it with a few of my über talented artistic friends. So I'm trying to get myself ready for more eclectic adventures. I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be for Akron, but it will be fine. All of these eclectic adventures seem to involve leaving my house and speaking to people. You'd think I'd be used to that by now.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog