zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Adam Among the GODS- Aazurn Publishing

via Small Press Newsroom by -AF on 5/9/08


Adam Among the Gods, Aazurn Pubishing. Full size comic, full color inside and out. Art by James Lyle, Story, colors and more by Gary Scott Beatty. $3.99 24 pages.

The story was captivating from the start. The art is wonderful and the coloring really accentuates it all. This is a great comic. The story is one that I think more movies are about to explore in slightly different ways (See Blindness out this summer for one of them.) where in our quest for perfection, there is always a cost. I won't give it away here but this is a very good take on that premise. The reveal of Adam was complete for me and I should have seen it coming but didn't. I'd of not shown that image on the cover if it was me. You see I didn't look at it all that close at first and was glad I didn't since I let the story unfold and they have it sprung on me. Bravo to this team of creators for a very nice comic package. Very cool design to have the book appear to be in the grass and being read by someone. A book within a book.

I have already reviewed Seductions by AAzurn Pubishing, another book I really liked.

Adam gets 5 out of 5 stars!

http://www.aazurn.com/ and Gary Scott Beatty: http://www.garyscottbeatty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog